Special Interest Deposit Account, for rainy days, holidays, big daysAlready have a SIDA account?
What is a SIDA?
SIDA stands for special interest deposit account. With a SIDA you can save regularly each month by standing order
You can open your account online, over the phone or in the branch with as little as €1. Save up to a maximum of €1000 every month by standing order
Be in control and manage your savings online, over the phone or call into your local branch
Make withdrawals whenever you need to, or change the amount you are saving at any time
- You can apply for an account at any Ulster Bank branch
- You need to be over 18 and resident in the Republic of Ireland to open an account
- You need to register for Anytime Banking to manage your account online or over the phone (when you are making a transfer online or over the phone the limits will be advised to you)
- Terms and conditions apply
|Balance||Gross / AER Variable||Frequency Interest paid|
|€1 - €15,000||1.50%||Annually in October|
|> €15,000 - €100,000||0.50%|
- All returns are subject to Deposit Interest Retention Tax ( DIRT) . Under current legislation the effective DIRT rate is 41%
- Gross is the interest paid before tax is deducted
- AER stands for annual equivalent rate and illustrates what the rate would be if paid and compounded each year