There are many different types of scams. Keep your money safe from them all.
Scams can be very believable and are often the work of highly organised criminals. Here are a few tips for protecting yourself:
- Don’t tell anyone your security details
- Don’t assume the person who contacted you is genuine
- Don’t let them rush you
- If you’re suspicious, go with your instincts
- Stay in control
Friends Against Scams
Friends Against Scams aims to prevent people becoming victims of scams. Joining Friends Against Scams will equip you with the knowledge you need to protect yourself from the emotional and financial impact. You’ll learn how to:
- Spot a potential scam and report it
- Avoid becoming a target for scammers
- Find out about new scams so you can take steps to protect yourself
- Have conversations with friends, family and community to share your knowledge and raise your collective awareness
We can quickly let you know about any suspicious activity on your account if we have your current contact details. Check them today and tell us if there have been any changes to your mobile number or email address.